RECORDS MANAGEMENT STANDARDS
Records Management Standards is a tightly-structured professional service that enables companies to rapidly and accurately establish and enforce a more effective and defensible corporate records management and governance program. It covers all the primary elements needed in a practical, best practice model.
In less than 90 days, we help your company deploy a world-class program that establishes the basic components to:
- Communicate records policies to all relevant employees and require compliance-verified responses.
- Communicate security guidelines, program reminders and routine disposal notices through a single, consolidated platform so that your program is more effective and defensible.
- Create an efficient, repeatable process to enact immediate, precise and compliance-verified litigation hold notices.
- Coordinate all offsite storage databases into a single inventory-control platform that conforms to your retention rules, hold orders and routine disposals.
DEEP INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
We’ve developed program standards and repeatable processes that are relied upon and proven by many of the world’s largest and most prestigious companies.
The standards are based on decades of client experience in this important area of corporate governance, supplemented by ongoing research and development in the field. Some of the standards include:
- Industry-Specific Retention Rules based on our own research, client schedules that have been deployed worldwide, outside research and periodic reviews we conduct with our outside counsel.
- Security Guidelines designed for routine communications to employees that are based on standards identified by the ACC Foundation’s State of Cybersecurity Report, industry and regulatory research and our own client insights.
- Program Enforcement Communications for policy communications, program notices, reminders, litigation holds and others to help ensure clarity and compliance from all affected employees.
In 90 days, your company can establish, deploy and enforce a more effective and defensible corporate records and information governance program. You’ll eliminate unnecessary email and other legacy information. You’ll better meet regulatory obligations for retaining and disposing of information. You’ll have a repeatable and effective workflow for litigation holds, employee awareness and compliance, offsite records control and overall diligence.
HIGHLY EFFECTIVE and DEFENSIBLE
The underlying web-based service technology we have developed and proven with hundreds of companies worldwide makes establishing, deploying and enforcing a solid program fast and easy – for any sized company.
All your policies, information security guidelines, hold order language, program notices and reminders are maintained within the web-based system. This enables timely, scheduled and more defensible distribution of routine and non-routine communications. All the hassles and errors of sending manual emails are eliminated.
Hold management is built right into the system, since it is ultimately a data preservation and control issue at the employee level. Offsite inventory control (not actual storage) is consolidated within the system to enable your attorneys and employees a single, accurate access point to records retrieval.
Data minimization controls are driven through the establishment and enforcement of industry-specific standards that you can approve as is or adjust as needed.